Drug Testing Industry Certification
About Our Courses
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN!
DOT Seminar - Overview 49 CFR Part 40 Regs
8 hour course that covers all parts of the New DOT 49 CFR Part 40 drug and alcohol testing regulations.
A full one day overview of the new DOT rules and regulations for drug and alcohol testing. A copy of the new regulations will be provided. Discussion on major DOT policy issues including validity testing, public interest exclusion and stand-down. Review of new drug and alcohol testing forms (mandatory use August 1, 2001), test protocols, and laboratory procedures. Other topics include the role of the Medical Review Officer and Substance Abuse Professional, and more. Participants are encouraged to invite their industry colleagues.
Who should attend: Employers of DOT covered workers, Occupational health providers, Third Party Administrators and Consortiums, MROs, SAPs, Laboratory representatives, Insurance providers, trucking company, transit, railroad, pipeline, and aviation management personnel.
DOT Collector (Urine) Training Course
6 hour course that meets and exceeds the DOT requirements for urine collection.
A six hour course designed to comply with new DOT regulations pertaining to collectors. New DOT rules require all collectors undergo basic knowledge and qualification training plus proficiency training. Collector refresher training will be required every five years thereafter, and error-correction training is required if the collector makes an error that causes a DOT drug test to be cancelled. Mock collections shall be performed according to DOT requirements. Each person must bring at least (7) copies of the new HHS Federal five-part Custody and Control Form in use by their laboratory and (7) corresponding sealed split specimen collection kits. A permanent copy of the collector certificate shall be maintained by Transmetron, and the collector shall be notified when future refresher training is required.
Who should attend: New and refresher collectors, collector instructors, collector supervisors, occupational health providers, employers of DOT covered workers, auditors, insurance representatives, laboratory representatives, MROs, SAPs, MRO assistants, TPAs.
DOT (I-VII) Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) Training Course
6.5 hour DOT BAT Rules & Regs Training Course - meets DOT requirements for Units 1-7. Unit 8 EBT Training separate.
DOT (VIII) Breath Alcohol Technician Evidential Breath Test (BAT EBT) Training
4.5 hour DOT BAT EBT Training. We currently offer training on the following equipment: Lifeloc Phoenix 6.0, Lifeloc Phoenix 6.0 BT, Lifeloc EV 30, Lifeloc FC10 & FC20. Intoximenters Alco-Sensor IV, Alco-Sensor IV w/memory, & RBT IV.
DOT Alcohol Screening Test Technician Training Course
5 hour DOT STT Rules & Regs Training Course - meets DOT requirements for Units 1-6. Unit 7 Device Training separate.
DOT Supervisor Signs & Symptoms Training Course - Drugs & Alcohol
4 hour Supervisor Training Course on recognizing signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol abuse that exceeds DOT requirements for supervisor training.
DOT Employee Awareness Training Course - Drugs & Alcohol
2 hour course includes time for questions from employees about alcohol and drugs.
Non-DOT Supervisor Signs & Symptoms Training Course - Drugs & Alcohol
4 hour Supervisor Training Course on recognizing signs and symptoms of drug and alcohol abuse.
Non-DOT Employee Awareness Training Course - Drugs & Alcohol
2 hour course include time for questions from employees about alcohol and drugs. Customized to company policy.
Non-DOT EBT Proficiency Training Course
6 hour evidential breath test training for non-regulated companies.
Various Drug Testing - methods and best practices:
- Hair Collection Course - Hair Drug Screen Training
- Urine Collection Course - Urine Drug Screen Training
- Saliva Collection Course - Saliva Drug Screen Training
DOT rules and regulations (Final Rule 12/19/2000 49 CFR Part 40)
- Reasons for testing
- Test methodologies and procedures
- How tests are conducted
- Obstacles in testing and troubleshooting
- Recognizing signs and symptoms
- Record keeping and reporting
HOW YOU'LL BENEFIT!
- Comply with NEW DOT regulations and industry standards
- Reduce cost of new and refresher training
- Develop expertise through interactive, one-on-one learning
- Communicate with trainer and peers
- Convenient 24/7 learning at your own pace
- Personalized permanent, secure training records
- Notification of renewal requirements
- Increased retention and Higher passing rates
- More value for your training dollar
- Dynamic course modules
- Continuing education credit
WHEN WILL I GET A CERTIFICATE?
- Following completion of the web - internet based course and Final Exam you will be able to print a Certificate indicating the completion of the web based portion of the class.
- A copy of certificate can be sent to your employer.
- You will be notified when your certificate is due for renewal.
- You will always have access to your PASSWORD protected training records.
WHO SHOULD ORDER OUR TRAINING:
- Individuals requiring new or refresher certificates
- Companies employing drug test collectors, BATs, STTs
- Employers with DOT-covered workers
- Occupational health providers
- Hospitals and clinics
- Government agencies
- Third party administrators
- Regulated and non-regulated employers
- Service industries
- Insurance companies
DOT Urine Drug Screen Collector Training $250
DOT Breath Alcohol Technician Training $150
DOT Screening Test Technician Training $250
See also our
Complete Line of Drug Test Training - Drug Testing Certification
We offer two basic course tracks:
Classroom Based Training
- sit in the classroom with other students
- Interaction with other students
- face to face instruction
- ability to train a large number of people at one time
- limited schedule (only conducted several times per year)
- more expensive (requires transportation costs)
Web Based Training
- class is conducted via the internet
- classes offered weekly
- private instruction
- less expensive (no transportation costs)
- requires a web cam and high speed internet connection